Caring for Your School-Age Child: Ages 5 to 12 (Child Care)
State-of-the-art advice for mothers, fathers, and caregivers from the American Academy of Pediatrics
You’ve outgrown the baby books–but your school-age child needs you more than ever.
No longer are the middle years of childhood considered a time of relative calm and smooth development. During the years from five to twelve, children must master the skills and habits that determine their future health and well-being–and parents have a crucial role to play. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the organization that represents the nation’s finest pediatricians and the most advanced research and practice in the field of child health from infancy to young adulthood, presents this fully revised and updated guide for parents who want to help their children thrive during these exciting and challenging years.
Comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date, Caring for Your School-Age Child includes advice on:
– Charting your child’s physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth
– Dealing with the gender-specific issues facing boys and girls as they approach adolescence
– Recognizing your child’s important emotional and social issues, including making friends, school behavior, sex education, self-esteem, and attention deficit disorder
– Maintaining discipline and authority while forging a respectful relationship with your child
– Handling divorce, stepfamilies, adoption, sibling rivalry, and dual-working-parent households
– Combating procrastination, laziness, aggressiveness or shyness, and bed-wetting
– Understanding your child’s inborn temperament–and how it affects the child-parent relationship
– Treating childhood injuries and ailments–a comprehensive health guide
And much more
Caring for Your School-Age Child is an essential childcare resource for all parents who want to provide the very best care for their children–and the one guide pediatricians routinely recommend and parents can safely trust.
Giá sản phẩm trên Tiki đã bao gồm thuế theo luật hiện hành. Bên cạnh đó, tuỳ vào loại sản phẩm, hình thức và địa chỉ giao hàng mà có thể phát sinh thêm chi phí khác như phí vận chuyển, phụ phí hàng cồng kềnh, thuế nhập khẩu (đối với đơn hàng giao từ nước ngoài có giá trị trên 1 triệu đồng)…..